HAVE YOU CHECKED YOUR BLOOD GLUCOSE THIS MORNING?
- #DontBeTheOne, #StrokePrevention, baby nadif, bayi selesema, bloodpressureandstroke, citrexflexo, diabetes awareness month, hadiah set haji, haji, hajj, haze, healthyaging, hidung bayi tersumbat, Highbloodpressure, kosmetik, Market Trends, pendaftarankosmetik, penyedut hingus bayi, perozin, pinkbeauty, productlabel, royalediabetessale, sandwich recipe, sanitiser, set haji, Set haji & Umrah, set umrah, tips kekal sihat ketika haji, umrah, world vegan day, worldstrokeday
- 27 Nov, 2019
Fasting blood glucose levels is usually done six to eight hours after the meal. So it is best to check your blood glucose after waking up and before breakfast.
It is recommended that people with diabetes do self-monitoring of blood glucose in order to achieve a specific level of glycemic control and to prevent hypoglycemia.
Do you know how to use blood glucose monitoring device?
If you own a blood glucose monitoring device and don’t know how to use it, just follow these easy steps.
7 Easy Step to Test Your Blood Glucose at Home
1. Wipe one finger either index, middle or ring, with alcohol swab and let it dry.
2. Press the lancet device firmly against the side of your finger.
3. Push button to release the needle. Squeeze your finger to get a drop of blood.
4. Touch the end of the test strip to drop the blood.
5. Apply a dry swab over the puncture site.
6. Wait for the result to show on screen.
7. Record your result in your Blood Glucose Diary.
Here is the preparation step before and after testing your blood glucose.
- Prepare all items.
- Double check device and all items.
- Calibrate the glucose meter.
- Wash hands with soap & water.
- Prepare the lancet device.
- Prepare the glucose meter.
- Test your blood glucose level.
- Throw away the non-reusable items and keep other items safely.